On Tuesday, December 4th, 2012, Coloradans will come together once again to raise millions of dollars for nonprofits. Last year, an astounding $12.8 million was raised on Colorado Gives Day and distributed to Colorado nonprofits.
This year, for the first time, the Boulder JCC and Menorah: Arts, Culture and Education have joined the list of nonprofits taking advantage of this remarkable fundraising resource.
Recognized as a leader in innovation and engagement, the Boulder JCC is a central address for Jewish life in our thriving community. It is home to an exceptional early childhood center, as well as camps, baby, toddler, youth, teen, young adult and family programming.
The only Jewish cultural arts program provider in Boulder, Menorah presents a year-round series of films, concerts, performances, classes, art shows, Israel programs, older adult offerings and outings to cultural arts events around town. The Boulder Jewish Festival is also a program of Menorah. Menorah is a separate non-profit functioning in close collaboration with the Boulder JCC.
Together, we provide programs and services that are rooted in Jewish values in a place where people of all ages and backgrounds gather.
Our programs provide
- connection to the Jewish community
- opportunities for social interaction
- deeper knowledge of Jewish history, culture, tradition and values
- enhanced understanding of the wide range of diverse Jewish experience
- strengthened Jewish identity
- an opportunity for the wider community to experience and learn about Jewish culture
Menorah and the Boulder JCC are excited about the state-wide recognition this initiative offers and look forward to your generous support in this one-day celebration of tzedakah,” says Menorah Director Kathryn Bernheimer.
We invite the community we serve to “give where you live” by making a donation of any size on December 4th. You may specify where you would like your donation to go.
Donations to the Boulder JCC can be made to the Cornerstone Capital Campaign, the general operating funds, the endowment fund, or left to the agency’s discretion. All donations made to the Cornerstone Capital Campaign will be matched at 100% by the Sturm Family Foundation (with the participation of ANB Bank).
Donations made to Menorah will support all our programs, including the first annual Boulder Jewish Film Festival, which will take place March 10-17 of 2013. In addition, donations may be made to support the Boulder Jewish Festival, which will be held on June 9, 2013.
Presented by Community First Foundation and FirstBank, Colorado Gives Day asks you to give to your favorite charities through the website GivingFirst.org/boulderjcc and GivingFirst.org/menorah. Some highlights of giving on Colorado Gives Day and through Giving First include:
- 100 % of your donation will come to us and Giving First pays all credit card fees.
- When you give online any time on December 4th, the value of your donation will be increased by the FirstBank Incentive Fund.
- You can either mark your calendar and go to our Giving First pages at any time during the 24 hour period of December 4 – or you can schedule your donation to be made on December 4th on the Giving First page, made easy with a check box on the donation page.
“The Boulder JCC and Menorah are thrilled to join the diverse landscape of organizations in Boulder and around the state on Colorado Gives Day,” Boulder JCC Executive Director Jonathan Lev says. “This day helps highlight the value and meaning of gifts and philanthropy in our community. I encourage everyone to take advantage of this opportunity to support your incredible Jewish community.”