Tuesday’s attack on a bus filled with Israeli tourists in Bulgaria left seven dead and questions about the source of the attack. As widely noted, the attack occurred 18 years after the bombing of the AMIA Jewish Center in Buenos Aires, that left 85 people dead.
Here is a short round up of news and condemnations as of early Wednesday evening. We’ve also updated the twitter widget on the BJN home page to follow the tweets about Bulgaria – you may find additional articles there.
- JTA: Netanyahu on deadly bombing in Bulgaria: ‘All signs point to Iran’
- Jerusalem Post: Bulgarian president: Mossad did not warn attack was coming
- ABC News: Obama condemns ‘barbaric’ attack on Israeli bus
- Sky News: At Least Six Dead In Bulgaria Bus Bombing
- Jewish Federations of North America statement.
- Hadassah statement.