2012 Teen and Young Adult Israel Community Ambassadors Scholarship
The Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado is offering a limited number of stipends to be awarded on a competitive basis for teens and young adults participating in peer group trips to Israel in 2012. The funds are targeted to assist those who cannot participate without financial support from the community. The stipends will be awarded to those applicants who demonstrate an ability and willingness to become ambassadors for Israel in Colorado upon their return. The Committee’s award decisions will be largely based on the applicant’s essay.
Who is eligible?
- Jewish teens and young adults between the ages of 16 and 30 who are Colorado residents.
- Scholarship recipients MUST agree to participate in Federation, a synagogue, school or communal organization program in which they will describe how their experience in Israel impacted their life.
- Ambassadors will provide the committee, within 12 months after their return to the U.S., with a brief summary of said communal activity or program.
Which Israel programs may receive subsidies?
- Participants must select an Israel program that is recognized by the Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI), the Government of Israel, or MASA Israel Journey.
- The program must be an organized educational experience in Israel focusing on strengthening one’s Jewish identity & connection to Israel. It must have a Zionist component, involving travel around Israel & learning about the modern State of Israel.
- Short-term travel programs must be operated by a national/international organization (no private tours or missions).
- Program must begin in 2012.
- Applications must be received by close of business (4:30pm) on Friday, March 2, 2012
- Decisions will be announced by Friday, March 30, 2012
Download application here: 2012 Teen and Young Adult Israel Community Ambassadors Scholarship
Submit application to: Debi Crawley, Allied Jewish Federation of Colorado, 300 South Dahlia, Suite 300, Denver, CO 80246
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 303.322.8328
Please do not hesitate to call Michal Uziyahu, Community Shlichah,
at 303-316-6472 or email email@example.com