The Boulder JCC is currently engaged in a selection process to retain architects for the Building Project. This is obviously an exciting aspect of the project, and is being conducted by the Architecture & Planning Subcommittee, the Building Committee generally, and ultimately by the Board of the Boulder JCC.
Architect selection is moving quickly, and any interested firms should send a short (no more than 1 page) expression of interest to the Chair of the Architecture & Planning Subcommittee, Kellie Zell, through Jonathan Lev, the JCC’s Executive Director (email@example.com or 303-449-3996). Expressions of interest should be submitted no later than Wednesday May 11th, 2011.
- have extensive experience with designing schools, early childhood centers, and/or community or spiritual centers (preferably some of each);
- have extensive experience in the Front Range area;
- can demonstrate experience with value engineering and large fixed budget projects;
- have extensive experience with sustainable architecture and green design;
- can work quickly with the JCC’s design team once architect selection is complete, with the goal of submitting initial plans to the City of Boulder in the fall of 2011; and
- are competitive in their fees and contractual arrangements.
After reviewing all initial expressions of interest, the JCC expects to request full proposals from roughly 5-6 qualified firms. The JCC will then narrow the field to 1-3 finalists and conduct extensive interviews with those finalists prior to selection.
For more information about the building project and capital campaign visit: www.boulderjccbuilding.org