The Boulder Jewish Community Foundation (BJCF) is issuing its annual call for grant applications from Boulder-area Jewish organizations. The BJCF maintains an endowment fund, the income from which is designated for assisting Jewish communal organizations in the Boulder area with space- and facility-related needs.
Last year, the BJCF assisted 23 organizations and allocated $12,010. These gifts ranged from $180 to $2,500 and were directed toward facility needs, including:
- the Boulder Jewish Festival
- a program rent subsidy
- underwriting annual fundraising events
- underwriting space rental for a national conference
- and handicap access.
This year we will be awarding funds that provide assistance with:
- the underwriting of the facility costs of a planned fundraiser or event
- Facility needs for the improvement or upgrade of your building.
BJCF accepts community donations to our Grassroots Jewish Boulder fund. From these funds, we can support other community needs (such as relief to victims of the 4-Mile Canyon Fire). Hence, other general proposals that support our community are welcome.
If your organization, or an organization you are aware of, could benefit from assistance please send a one-page written request to email@example.com. All requests must be received by July 8th, 2011. In your submission please indicate:
- Organization name, and address
- Evidence of your current 501C3 status
- Name, email address and phone number of contact
- How much is being requested
- Explain the intended purpose
- Outline the anticipated impact of the allocation
BJCF plans to make awards in September, 2011. If you have any questions regarding this matter the Boulder Jewish Community Foundation can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.