March 21-April 2, 2010
Do you want to visit sacred sites in the Holy Land? Do you want to celebrate Shabbat and a Pesach (Passover) Seder in Jerusalem? Do you want to gain a deeper understanding of the Abrahamic connections between Judaism, Christianity and Islam? Do you want to meet Jews and Arabs working for peace in the Holy Land? Do you want to find our more about a new educational paradigm in Israel for healing and peace that Reb Zalman Schachter-Shalomi calls “The greatest hope for peace-shalom, salaam” that teaches Jewish and Arab children to become “agents of reconciliation”?
This Spring bring the family on an Interfaith Philanthropic and Spiritual Pilgrimage, March 21-April 2, 2010 co-led by
Boulder Renewal Rabbis Nadya and Victor Gross
and Imam Jihad Turk (more info here: Sunday LA Times front page article on Jihad’s interfaith peacework in LA)
- Pray at the Tomb of the Abraham, Patriarch of Judaism, Islam and Christianity
- Study the Abrahamic connections of Judaism, Islam and Christianity
- Visit the Dome of the Rock, the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and other sites holy to the Abrahamic religions
- Experience healing classroom environments and interact with Israeli children and teachers who are building friendship bridges between Jewish, Arab and Christian children.
- Dine at the homes of Jewish and Arab families who are transforming polarized communities in Israel
- Celebrate an interfaith Shabbat and Passover Seder with story telling and song in Jerusalem
- Explore mystical Tsfat
- Learn from respected teachers
- Lunch at the home of a Bedouin Sheikh, leader of 40,000 Bedouins in the Galilee
- Pray with religious leaders
- Meet inspiring artists and activists who envision a world based on respect and cooperation.
- Take time to meditate and contemplate in natural surroundings from ancient times
- Bathe in the Dead Sea
- Participate in peacemaking circles
- Conclude with a ceremony for peace at Rabin Square.
Full itinerary and registration at: http://www.authenticisrael.com/documents/WaldorfHolyLandPilgrimage.pdf
or contact Rabbis Nadya & Victor Gross at firstname.lastname@example.org